Patrick Ianni founded Ianni Training after enjoying a playing career that included:
- MLS Goal of the Year Winner (2012)
- 3-Time U.S. Open Cup Champion (2011, 2010, 2009)
- U.S. Olympian (2008 Beijing)
- 2-Time MLS Cup Champion (2007, 2006)
- U-20 U.S. World Cup Team Captain (2005)
- NCAA All-American and UCLA Captain (2005, 2004)
Upon finishing his playing career, Patrick was offered coaching positions at the youth, collegiate and professional levels but chose to tackle something close to his heart: the life draining effects that unconscious identification with shame, anger, depression, and anxiety has on performance and well being for players, parents and coaches. For Patrick, soccer development and identity development go hand in hand. Patrick and his wife Christine have two children, Emi (5) and Tripp (2).